The Santo Domingo Diamond Classic
The Santo Domingo Diamond Classic takes place in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. There are teams coming from the USA, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, the St. Thomas, St. Croix, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and other countries. The ages are as follows: 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, and 17-19.
The competition is outstanding! You quickly find out why so many good players come out of the Dominican Republic, e.g. Sammy Sosa, Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriguez, Pedro Martinez, and many more. Our stay is for seven days in the Dominican Republic. We have a full schedule of baseball, as well as sightseeing.
Diamond Classic Schedule
The following is a tentative schedule for the Santo Domingo Diamond Classic*.
- Day 1 – Traveling to the Dominican Republic
- Day 2 – Welcome Banquet | Meet the Press (News Media, Radio and Television) | Practice Sessions
- Day 3 – Opening Ceremonies | 2 Games: One in the morning, one in the afternoon.
- Day 4 – 2 Games: One in the morning, one in the afternoon
- Day 5 – Semifinals in the morning | Finals in the afternoon.
- Day 6 – Day off | Sightseeing and Relaxation | Awards Banquet in the evening
- Day 7 – Travel from the Dominican Republic.
* Subject to change